❤️

Please follow using the follow button!!

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Fun on the Farm

What a lovely day out with my family. 

As always though, there was a blog post waiting to be written. 

Several hours at a local farm which has its own indoor and outdoor play areas and a maize maze (wheelock farm, check it out!!) and my mini man sees a someone from his class. Instantly I went into panic mode. 

What if he doesn’t want to play with my son? 

What if my little one doesn’t read the signs the other kid is giving off? 

What if it all goes wrong and I end up with a confused and broken child?

Well, it started off a little wobbly, his class mate didn’t seem interested and wandered off with my boy still shouting instructions after him so I intervened slightly, thinking it might be best if I soften the blow. I explained to him softly that maybe his classmate didn’t want to play with him right now, gave him a hug and before I could say anything else said classmate came running up shouting that he’d got permission to play from his grown up… 

What a fool I felt… I quickly apologised for being wrong and told him to have fun. 

This got me to thinking. I threw my panic on him. Maybe it’s me that can’t read situations as well as I thought. I instantly assumed the worst because of my past experiences but maybe it’s different for him. As similar as we are, he is not me.

I am definitely happy to be wrong and I explained to him afterwards that I was being over protective and that I was sorry for saying anything. He gave me a hug and carried on as if it never happened. 

I hope he never goes through what I did, but IF he does, I will be there for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment