❤️

Please follow using the follow button!!

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

So how’s the diet going?

So a little while ago I mentioned I was going to try a diet program. 

I’ve tried a few… ok, more than a few, probably a million, and some have worked and some really haven’t. 

I was always the fat kid in school, the fat, weird kid. In fact, in university some muppets in the year below me thought that the nickname “Fat Jayne” would best describe my personality. 🙄 This wasn’t because of my weight though, that was just the jocular icing on the comical cake for them, it was because I was autistic. Although I didn’t have a diagnosis back then, it was painfully obvious that I was different, especially in University. You’d think as people got older they wouldn’t keep bullying those around them, but no, it was worse. Saying that, in my 30’s I’m definitely doing better in life than they are, probably because I have compassion for others due to how I was treated, which is what’s made my business as successful as it’s become so far. 

But anyway, I did promise myself I wouldn’t reveal too much of my college experience until was ready to face it head on, so back to the point. 

Weight has always been an issue. Physically, psychologically and emotionally. And finding I diet that I can stick to have been a lifelong mission. 

The perfect diet plan is the holy grail for a lot of people. Whether it’s for health, vanity, inner peace, or what ever the reason, everyone seems to be searching for the right way to lose weight. Before now I didn’t factor in my autism because I didn’t know it’s name. This seems to have shifted my goal posts in favour of me scoring this time. 

I now know why. 

Why I eat more at certain times, crave certain foods, don’t exercise as much and every other reason I can think of. 

It’s autism! 

Unfortunately there isn’t an “autism diet”, or if there is, I haven’t heard of it. So I’m having to make do with all the different options in front of me. I mentioned before that I feel there’s too much advice out there, well, I would say diets are the big one for millions of different opinions being “correct”. We’re all different so different things work for different people. But it’s not helpful to have pieces of advice arguing in your mind, especially when your searching for the holy grail. 

“Just pick one!” My head screams. So I pick the most popular one (I can’t name them and you know why). Try for X weeks, stops working after 2, get disheartened, go to the donut shop. That’s been my diet cycle since I was a teenager. 

Now, I don’t want to jinx it, but I think I’ve found the one… nearly 3 weeks in and I’ve lost 7lbs… I don’t feel deprived, I don’t feel starved, I do feel in control. This one is almost like food CBT. However, I will test it for longer before passing the name on to the autistic community. 

I will keep you updated on how it goes, even if it crashes and burns. I hate it when someone announces their doing something and then let’s it fizzle out and drift away… (I totally do that too.)



No comments:

Post a Comment